|Beth Ehlers as Harley Cooper|
|Portrayed by:|| Beth Ehlers (1987-1993 & 1997-2008) |
Amy Carlson (1998; temp)
Hayley Sparks (1999, 2001 & 2002; temp)
|Duration:||1987-1993 & 1997-2008|
|First appearance:||September 1987|
|Last appearance:||June 23, 2008|
|Created by:||Pamela K. Long|
Harley Cooper (formerly Spaulding, Camaletti & Aitoro) is a fictional character on the CBS daytime soap opera Guiding Light.
- Beth Ehlers (09/1987-09/1993, 01/1997, 05/1997-06/2008)
- Amy Carlson (11/1998; temp)
- Hayley Sparks (05/1999-07/1999, 07/2001-08/2001 & 08/2002; temp)
- Harley Davidson Cooper (full name)
Harley grew up on the wrong side of Springfield's 5th Street and was raised by her older brother, Frank, ever since the death of their father and their mother's desertion. Since they had no parents, they were forced to depend on each other.
In 1993, Harley was shocked to learn that her father Buzz Cooper was alive. It was initially believed that he had died in combat during the Vietnam War. Despite his return, Harley and her brother wanted nothing to do with him.
Harley would marry A.C. Mallet and they left for Florida. She divorced Mallet in 1997 and subsequently returned to Springfield.
After arriving back in Springfield, her life continued and she later learned that the daughter she gave up for adoption years ago was searching for her. Daisy (now going by Susan) wanted to find her birth mother after her adoptive mother had died.
Later, Harley would marry Phillip Spaulding and bear him a son, but again the marriage would end in divorce and Harley found comfort in the arms of Rick Bauer (with whom she had a son named Jude with him). She though did not stay with Rick and developed a relationship with Gus Aitoro, whom she would later marry in 2005.
Together, Harley and Gus made an attempt to adopt a baby named Sydney that they had been raising, but their attempts failed in adoption court and Sydney was given back to her birth parents.
Harley's relationship with Daisy was strained especially after Harley found out Daisy had feelings for Gus and tried to drug him in order to sleep with him.
In 2002, Harley started a detective agency called "Harley's Angels." She closed it down in 2004, but re-opened it in 2007 with her niece Marina Cooper and Dinah Marler. After the introduction of Gus's former love interest and his son Rafe, Harley and Gus's marriage ended in divorce in 2007.
As of 2008, Harley is living in Greece with her two sons, Zach and Jude.
- Theft 
- Fraud; in a phone call, to the Springfield waste disposal department, pretended to be Mrs. Pappas, in order to receive a doll she'd thrown away (Her paternal grandmother's doll in which Harley had hidden the pre-nup [April 1990]
- Attempted entrapment: Secretly planted her brother's camcorder in Alan-Michael Spaulding's apartment in an attempt to gain leverage in their divorce (This backfired when the video picks up that she faked a positive pregnancy test; April 20, 1990)
- Attempted blackmail of Alexandra Spaulding with the portion of the videotape showing Alan-Michael and Blake Thorpe Spaulding in bed together and also stealing the Lewis Oil plans to the homeless shelter (May 3, 1990]
- Falsely accused of stealing the password to Spaulding’s computer system. (First week of March 1991; Roger Thorpe's lawyer, John Davis stole the password, but Harley couldn't prove this)
- Arrested for prostitution (Not guilty; case thrown out of court) [August 1991]
- Fraud and entrapment: Posed as Jenna Bradshaw's personal assistant (April - May 1992)
- Fraud: Sent flowers to Jenna under A.C. Mallett's name [April 1992]
- Stole a ring for Jenna (coerced) [April 1992]
- Fraud: Coerced her brother Frank to pose as her boyfriend [April 1992]
- Allowed Nick McHenry see Macauley West's police record without allowance [July 27, 1993]
- Pretended to be a prostitute to get a job at Selena's brothel to get info on the Davenport case [August 13, 1993]
- Impersonated a prostitue named Starla in the Jeffrey Morgan sting operation [January 1997 - July 1997]
- Locked Jenna Bradshaw in a storage freezer at the 5th Street Diner [June 19, 1997]
- Impersonated a mental ward patient named Caitlin to find out what Annie Dutton knew of the whereabouts of Reva Shayne's sister [September 9 - 23, 1997]
- Stole a police file about Carl Stevens's murder [May 11, 1998]
- Broke into Edmund Winslow's suite at the Waterview Towers to find out what incriminating evidence Edmund had on Phillip Spaulding [March 27, 2000]
- Broke into Claire Ramsey's office to find information on Rick Bauer [April 13, 2000]
- Assisted Blake Marler in breaking into Edmund Winslow's apartment to find proof of his collusion with Rob Layne [May 22, 2000]
- Was falsely arrested for prositution [May 22, 2000]
- Broke into Claire Ramsey's apartment to attempt to destroy Claire's file on Rick Bauer and was caught in the act [August 23, 2000]
- Planted a listening device in the Bauer family's living room [May 2 - 8, 2001]
- Was Arrested and jailed overnight for speeding [October 10, 2001]
- Started a fire in a hotel room [April 5, 2002; charges dropped]
- Broke into the Spaulding mansion and attempted to abduct Zach [Jul 19, 2002]
- Broke into Gus Aitoro's room at the Reardon Boarding House to find a picture of Eden August [August 5, 2002]
- In Chicago, broke into Eden's apartment and snooped around & ended up being discovered by Eden [August 7, 2002]
- Handcuffed herself to Eden [Augst 9, 2002]
- Snooped around Eden's Chicago apartment and impersonated Eden [August 30, 2002]
- Impersonated Eden August once again [October 3, 2002]
- Colluded with Danny Santos, Cassie Winslow, Reva Lewis and Gus Aitoro to help Danny fake his own death, but only to entrap Carmen Santos for the attempted shooting of Danny [December 2, 2002 - December 10, 2002]
- Withheld information on Gus's search for his biological mother [February 10, 2003 - February 17, 2003]
- Had Alexandra Spaulding illegally investigated [January 2003 - March 19, 2003]
- Disguised herself and got a job as Phillip's assistant, under the name Ruth Karloff, in order to get inside information on Phillip [September 15, 2004 to November 12, 2004]
- Attempted to break into Phillip's briefcase [September 23, 2004]
- Kidnapped her son, Zach, but later returned him to his father [October 6, 2004 - October 13, 2004]
- Arrested for killing Phillip Spaulding [December 2004]
- Jumped bail by crossing the state line for the night [January 24, 2005]
- Convicted of the second degree murder of Phillip Spaulding; conviction later overturned [March 28, 2005]
- In prison for the murder of Phillip Spaulding [April 8, 2005 to May 26, 2005]
- Escaped from prison. [May 26, 2005 to July 15, 2005]
- Attempted to break into Phillip's crypt [August 5, 2005]